Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Moon and Brushy Ridge.

With the moon shining so brightly these past few nights the deer have most likely been moving during the mid-day hours so with that thought in mind I've decided to give it a try tomorrow at Brushy Ridge. I plan on starting around noon or so hunting from a ground blind on the top of Brushy Ridge then if nothing happens by about 5:00 p.m. I'll probably start heading back though the brush to a spot where turkey have been hanging out in hopes of find a flock of them to shoot at. I'm hoping to at least catch a glimps of a deer, any deer moving through the area or maybe a turkey or two, if not then I may give up on the hunting season till gun season gets here. We already have alot of poaching going on here with gun shoots going off all around the areas that I hunt. Even people at my work have commented about all the gun shoots they have been hearing while their out bowhunting. It's sad that people have to resort to these kind of ethics and most just want the antlers to brag about which is even worst but it happens. Hopefully there will be some mature bucks left by gun season to hunt but I'll just have to wait and see. Anyway I'll post about my hunt to Brushy Ridge within the next few days to let everyone know of the outcome.

No comments: