Monday, October 20, 2008

Young Sportsman Season Opens.

Here in Tennessee, the first young sportsman season will be opening on October 25, 2008 and I have things set up with my son-in-law to take two of his sons hunting for their first time to try to take a whitetail. My son-in-law thinks its so cool that his two oldest boys want to get into hunting but he doesn't know much about hunting whitetail and so has ask me to guide them though the whole hunting process and teach them the proper ways to hunt safely. Both the young sportsman seasons are only two day hunts with one at the beginning and one at the end of our Whitetail hunting seasons and a bag limit of two deer per hunt. With any luck I'm hoping that both boys will take a deer their first day out. Anyway I'll be posting more on this big event after the first season closes and I get the boys back home with their dad and I regain my composer from the trip. Best of luck to each and every young sportsman hunting this year---- hope you get a big one.

2 comments:

Othmar Vohringer said...

Compared to our one day youth season yours seems generous. One would think that the authorities would increase the youth season in order to make it more attractive and beneficial for hunters to recruit more young folks.

Hope you have a great hunt with your grandkids.

-ov-

deerslayer said...

Thanks Othmar; Im sure it will be enjoyable even if they don't take a deer, but a deer would make it much better for the grandkids. I'm putting them on some big bucks I've been hunting with the bow so maybe the'll get something really nice for their first deer. The rut is starting to kick in here so that is going to make it great timing for the young sportsman hunt.