Sunday, August 3, 2008

Deer Season Preparation (Part 4 ).

Most hunters, when it comes time to buy their hunting licenses never give it any thought but the truth is any license obtained is obtained as a privilege not a right. This privilege can be revoked or suspended at any time for almost any reason. We as hunters have to be very careful not to do anything to lose this privilege as it can be lost from 1 year to a lifetime, depending on the severity of the offense causing the loss and we are then labeled as a poacher. Today the Game and Fish Commission has split the licenses up into individual license for two reasons-- 1. to build more revenue for the Game and Fish Commission's budget and 2. not all hunters hunt with all types of equipment. The revenue from license sales makes up about 90% of the Game and Fish Commissions budget with the remaining 10% made up from government grants and donations. With so many different types of licenses offered by the Game and Fish Commission, hunters have to be careful when purchasing their licenses and make sure to get the exact license they need. There are alot of rules and regulations for all these different types of licenses so please be sure to check over the new regulation brochure each year for any changes made to the type licenses your using. If your going out-of-state hunting through a guide service be sure to check with your guide service to see if your licenses are part of your hunt package or you have to purchase your licenses separate as an added expense for your hunting trip.

No comments: