Sunday, September 28, 2008

Second Day Hunting, Not So Perfect.

Sunday morning, September 28Th, I woke up at 3:30 a.m., started the coffee brewing and went online checking sites and waiting for the coffee. By 5:30 a.m. I was dressed and heading out the door to my parents place. The weather was calm winds,61 degrees and partly cloudy with the barometric pressure rising. A perfect start to what I had hoped would be a perfect adventure to the woods. By 8:00 a.m. the sun was just about to enter the field when a loud crashing noise from just behind me got my heart pumping. I grabbed my bow with high hopes only to have them shattered by a large 140-150 lb. doe charging out of the woods and into the field just below my stand then quickly back into the brushy woods across from me. The large doe was followed by a large Siberian husky which I quickly recognized as one belonging to a new neighbor who had moved into the area about 2 months before deer season opened. Though I haven't spoke to the new neighbor yet, now is the perfect time to ask him to please keep his dog tied during hunting season to prevent his untimely demise. Anyway with the morning hunt blown, I went inside for coffee,a sweet roll and some conversation then home for rest and relaxation till evening hunting time. As evening approached I decided to give hunting a break and stay home with the wife. Monday morning I hope will hold better adventures as I plan on returning to my parents place for yet another try at the big doe or maybe even a buck. Further updates to follow as time allows so stay tuned.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck!

deerslayer said...

Thanks Matt for the well needed wishes and the visit. My seasons off to a shaky start but I'm hoping it will get better. Good luck to you and yours as well.